Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Troubled type

I had no clue that type could not be copyrighted. I am impressed by the people who spend their time making a typeface, knowing that it is just going to be copied over and over again, while they do not get any credit for it. I admit that I have downloaded typefaces for free off the Internet; I even downloaded Kabel for my poster. I am not sure how I feel about this whole issue. On one hand I am pissed that people aren't get recognition where they deserve, but on the other hand it kind of sucks having to pay an ass load of money every time I want to new font. But maybe that is the way it should be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Eric West said...

Katie,

An average type costs around $40 dollars or so. Average, Not like you can get all 50 styles of futura for that, and, as i can attest, $40 for something someone spent a long, long, time doing isn't much at all.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home